Smoke Alarm Installation Info Sheet
Did you know you lose your sense of smell once you fall asleep? In the event of a fire, this increases the risk of being overcome with smoke and toxic fumes while you are sleeping.
To keep your family safe, it is important to ensure your smoke alarms are properly installed, in working order and checked regularly.
The Queensland Fire & Emergency Services recommend:
- All residential accommodation be fitted with photoelectric type smoke alarms
- Smoke alarms either hard-wired or powered by a 10-year lithium battery
- Smoke alarms located on each level of living space; outside each bedroom and in every bedroom
- All smoke alarms should be interconnected
- Every home should have a practised escape plan
For more information about the installation of smoke alarms, download the QFES Smoke Alarm Installation Information Sheet.
If you have any concerns or questions about the safety of your home, please give us a call on (07) 3311 2273 or send us an email.